Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Boots


I had some boots. Black suede ones that I purchased about 25 years ago. I wore them with love.

Then I gave them to Maud. Maud was losing weight and needed new clothes and a new look. I have no recollection of her wearing them but when she died I got them back.

Once again I wore them with love and felt Maud's feet mould around my feet again. I had them for almost another ten years.

Then Zoe came, Maud's daughter, and she wore them while she was with me. Then I told her the history of the black suede boots. She wore them and perhaps she felt her mum's feet, along with mine, mould around her feet. Perhaps Maud's steps with her as she traipses around. 

All I know now is that the boots are in Massachusetts again being kept in the family of large footed women. I feel happy that those boots were made for walking.

No comments: