Friday, April 10, 2009

Hymn For Him

I like him. He's doing everything right so far. He's easy to talk to and talks honestly back to and with me. He's funny. He's strong and ruggedly handsome. We have many things in common. We both like wood and the colour scheme of blue and white. We like to peruse flea markets. We both like to be in our own beds and like our own sleeping space. His hands are bigger than mine. He takes charge and makes me feel safe. We both wear glasses and can't see shit. He likes to meet my friends and to go places with me. My friends say he is, "really nice," behind his back, to me. His moustache tickles. He makes me feel safe by being straight forward and keeping his word. He's commanding and gentle. He looks after me by looking in my refrigerator to see if I have enough food to eat. He brings me food to add to my refrigerator. He shoos me away when it comes to my carrying the heavy things. He takes the heavy things out of my hands to carry them for me. He likes my cat and plays with him. He's not afraid to tell me how he feels about things. He checks my windows to make sure that no one can get in to harm me. His hands and fingers are large and when I look at them I feel 'girlie'. He doesn't get bent out of shape when I talk to friends; both men and women. He likes to look at art and collect it - just like me. He wants to see me swim. He talks to Freda on the phone when she calls. 

Well heck, I just think he's a hunk of burning love; don't you?

No comments: