Sunday, December 14, 2008
I swear I saw this
I'm sitting in the subway and I look up to see a young Chinese man about 24 standing with his back against the pole with his right index finger shoved up his nose. I stare long enough to see how long he might keep it in there and if indeed he will drag anything out. He is neither digging around or hauling anything out. It just seems a place he enjoys his finger to be. Suddenly a Spanish man about 28 enters the train and in his left nostril is a piece of paper, not Kleenex, but rather what looks like photocopy paper. It extends about 1.5 inches beyond his nose orifice. The Chinese man sees him and jumps out of the way looking at him askance as though he is the plague. His jumping does not release his finger from his nose. Suddenly a young Chinese girl strolls up the aisle and the young Chinese man sees her and gets that look on his face that says: Yeah baby you look good. He has forgotten to remove his finger from his nose. She sits down oblivious of him and he continues to check her out like he has a chance in hell. Suddenly the Chinese man takes another look at the Spanish man and I look too and we both see that he has removed the paper from his nostril. It is only then that the Chinese man removes his finger from his nose with a look of relief on his face as though he were waiting for an invisible signal, the right time, for finger removal from nostril; as though there is a time of day for such a thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment